Goodspeed's

We have two framed pressed flowers. On the back they are dated from
Goodspeed's as 10-14-49 and both have the number: 8372 (possibly 8392). I'd
like to find out what they actually are.

My guess is that they are flowers collected and pressed by Thoreau (else why
would we have them?) but we have no documentation in our files. I was hoping
there would be a way to see how Goodspeed's listed them.

Does anyone have old Goospeed's catalogs -- or The Month at Goodspeed's --
in which they might be willing to look this up?

Any help would be appreciated. And thanks in advance.
Best,
Jeff Cramer

Jeffrey S. Cramer
Curator of Collections, The Thoreau Institute
44 Baker Farm, Lincoln, MA  01773-3004
Telephone/Fax: (781) 259-4730
E-mail: Jeff.Cramer@walden.org

The Thoreau Institute is a collaborative effort
of the Walden Woods Project and the Thoreau Society