Sewing Collection free to a good home for the cost of shipping

Our museum was recently offered a small, rich collection of sewing related items.  It does not fit into our collection, however the donors asked me to help them find an appropriate home for the items in a museum.  The collection does not have to remain whole, and can be dispersed among more than one institution.  The collection fits into two legal size bankers boxes.  Among other things, it consists of 15 patterns (from the 1940s-70s), a wide variety of Singer sewing machine attachments (in the original boxes with the original instructions), a variety of sewing implements (such as rhinestone setters, etc.) and 29 volumes on subjects such as sewing, tailoring, pattern drafting, etc.  These items apparently belonged to a northern Ohio home economics teacher.  There are some wonderful items, including interesting notes and newsletters from the Darvas School in Cleveland, ca. the mid to late 1930s.  There are quite a few items from Dritz and Singer, extension leaflets from Iowa.... Many of these items would fit well into a collection that focuses on contemporary fashion (GREAT 1930s era books-- so rich!)

If you are interested in any or all of this collection, please e-mail me off list.  I will send you the complete list of items, and will attempt to answer any questions.  mmarconi@sandusky.lib.oh.us

Maggie Marconi
Archives/Museum Services Manager
Sandusky Library