Circulation systems in archives

The Archives of American Art at the Smithsonian is about to embark on a project to barcode and create item records for our collection using epixtech's Horizon software.  We plan to barcode storage containers as well as our microfilm (and someday we hope items within collections which circulate for loans, etc.)  to track use of the collections, and to incorporate as well the Horizon's new Inventory. We would love to hear from any archives which have:

1. used the circulation module of an integrated library system such as Horizon, Endeavor, etc.  or other software;
2. outsourced the barcoding and/or item record creation for their collections (and could recommend the company)
3. written a proposal or procedures outlining the steps necessary to implement such a project
4. done this as part of a move to track a collection

Thank you.

Karen Weiss
Catalog and Internet Resources Mgr.
Archives of American Art