Mekel Microfilm Scanner

We are currently looking into scanners for microfilm and have been
considering the Mekel M525 with greyscale option (info at
http://www.mekel.com/html/m525_specs.html).  Does anyone on the list have
experience with this scanner (or other Mekel products)?   We are
particularly interested in evaluations of image quality, ease of use, and
the reliability of the equipment.  All comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen Miller
Director, Digital Library of Georgia
Main Library 4th Floor