Free to a good home

Dear List Members,  Please take a minute to review the list below. If you
would like any of these items for your archives, you can email your request
and mailing information to me at the Humboldt County Historical Society
(see information below).  When you receive the item, if it is what you
hoped, and you want to pay for postage, feel free to do so.

1.) "Eureka, 1887-1937":  History of Eureka, South Dakota, edited by the
Federal Writers' Project. (hardbound, broken spine, 287 pp).

2.) "Meharrian '49": a yearbook from the Meharry Medical College,
Nashville, Tenn. (hardbound)

3.) "George Washington University Alumni Directory 1978": Washington, D.C.
(1000 pp. hardbound)

4.) 15 black and white 8 x 10 photos of the British tanker Cape Alva as it
burned after a collision in New York Harbor, sometime around 1966.

5.) 2 more ship photos that were part of the same set as #4, so I am
guessing they were taken in New York harbor: one is of an American Mail
Line ship, the Philippine Mail, and the other is of the Turandot.

6.) 2 mounted black and white photos by Winter-Pond Co. of the Princess May
wrecked on Sentinel Island, Alaska , August 5th, 1910.

7.) One mounted black and white photo by W.H. Case of the same event as the
photos described in #6.

8.) A tinted photo postcard. Image is described with this caption: "Towing
the 'Maine' to Sea for Burial. Scene passing Morro Castle, March 16, 1912,
Havana, Cuba."

9.) A color postcard of the Big Room at Carlsbad Caverns, c.1965.

10.) A tinted postcard of the Great Salt lake Cut Off near Ogden Utah,
captioned "Going to Sea by Rail," c.1955.

11.) 2 black and white  postcards of Ketchikan, Alaska (one from water, one
on the harbor). Postmarked 1938.

12.) One postcard of the "Ten Cylinder 6,000 B.H.P. Mitsui B. & W. Diesel
Engine for the Kokusai Liner 'Katsuragi-Maru'." c. 1935

13.) 2 color-tinted postcards of Native Americans: One captioned "Tall Man
Dan (Sioux)" and the other "American Indians - Group of Utes." (No idea of
the date, some damage.)

14.) One color-tinted postcard of a "Cactus Garden" which may be in
Phoenix, Arizona area. c. 1910

15.) One color-tinted postcard of a Light House, Atlantic City. Light House
sits among houses. c. 1910.

16.) One black and white postcard of Capilano Canyon, Vancouver, B.C. No date.

17.) Two color postcards: "New Montreal Harbor Bridge, connecting Montreal
with the South Shore" and the "Montreal Canada Victoria Bridge."

18.) Four Colorado color postcards: "Hanging Bridge, Royal Gorge,
Colorado," "Crevice, Royal Gorge, Colorado," "Echo Cliffs, Canon of the
Colorado River, Colorado," and "Mount of the Holy Cross, Colorado." No
date, could be c. 1950

19.) One black and white photo postcard of Keddie Trading co. and the Hotel
Keddie, "On the line of the Western Pacific."  No date.

Attention Glaswegians:

20.) One mounted photo. Female subject, c. 1890, Stevenson and Co.,
Glasgow, Scotland.

21.) One mounted photo. Female subject, c.1890, Finlayson, Glasgow, Scotland.

22.) One mounted photo. Male subject, c.1880, Turnbull and Sons, Glasgow,
Scotland..

23.) Two color postcards (drawings rather than photos with Robertson and
Buchanan tartans in background) of Charing Cross, Glasgow, and the
University and the Cameronians Memorial, Glasgow, c.1960

24.) One black and white postcard of the Art Galleries, Glasgow.

Watch this space. I hope to post more next week.

Matina Kilkenny
Research and Collections Manager
hchs@reninet.com