A few questions

Hello.  I had a few questions on which I would like the advise of my
fellow archivists.  Anyone with a response can send it to me at
robert.d.shuster@wheaton.edu  I will post a summary of what I receive
to the whole list.

1.  Has anyone recently bought a new analog, reel-to-reel player with
speeds of 3 3/4, 7 1/2 ips at least?  If so, who was the dealer and
manufacturer?  What was the cost?

2.  We are considering having our masters of oral history interviews
on cassettes instead of reels.  We are aware, of course, of the
preservation disadvantages, but are troubled by the increasing
difficulties of maintaining our analog recorders.  Has anyone made a
similar move and if so what factors would they advise us to be aware
of in using cassettes as masters?

3.  Because the local photo lab we use went out of business, we are
about to begin having photo orders handled by an online digital
service, Ofoto (http://www.ofoto.com/Welcome.jsp)  We will send
scans of images to them and receive back photographic prints.  We
have tried two other services, but had various problems using them.
Does anyone else use an online service they could recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Bob Shuster
Billy Graham Center Archives
robert.d.shuster@wheaton.edu