Archives of Steel Mills

>Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 09:28:25 -0800
>To: "Archives and Archivists" <Archives@LISTSERV.MUHIO.EDU>
>From: Mike Nash <mikenash@udel.edu>
>Subject: Archives of Steel Mills
>Cc: "John MacLeod" <macleoj@Gov.NS.CA>
>
>I would like to respond to John Macleod's inquiry.
>
>The Hagley Museum & Library is the repository for the records of Bethlehem
Steel and Lukens Steel.  Since the early nineteenth century Lukens, located
in Coatesville, PA has been speciality producer of steel plate. The Lukens
collection is relatively complete from about 1830 through the 1960s.
Unfortunately, the Bethelehem archive is quite fragmentary. Hagley also has
the records of the American Iron and Steel Institute.