From: Maureen.Killoran@state.ma.us
Subject: Trustee Symposium on March 31

Dear Public Library Trustee,
            Library Directors,
            Staff and
            Friends of Libraries,

We would like to invite you to attend this year's
 Trustee Symposium which is being held in Northampton.

 Last year's Trustee Symposium was well received and we
 are looking forward to a good turnout this year.

 We will have a speaker from the Secretary of State's
 Office and an Assistant District Attorney discuss the
 Public Records and Open Meeting Law.

 We will also have several trustees speaking about the
 roles and responsibilities of being a library trustee.

 The program will begin promptly at
 9:00 a.m.

 We are looking froward to seeing you there!

The Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners is
 conducting a Trustee Symposium on
 Saturday, March 31st from
 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at
 The Inn at Northampton.

 Topics include:

* Learning about the Open Meeting law;
* What the Public Records Law means to your library;
* How to evaluate your library director; and
* Other roles and responsibilities of library trustees.

Coffee, pastries, and a buffet lunch will be served.
 There is no charge for this event.

Public library trustees, directors, and other interested parties are invited
to register for the Trustee Symposium by contacting Sharon Zitser before
Friday, March 16th.

 Mail or FAX to Sharon Zitser, MBLC,
 648 Beacon Street,
 Boston, MA 02215.

 FAX (617) 421-9833.

 No telephone calls, please.

 Please include your name,
                     address,
                     title,
                     library affiliation,
                     phone and
                     FAX number
 to receive a confirmation.

Maureen J. Killoran
Head of the Public Library Advisory Unit/Government Liaison
Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
Maureen.Killoran@state.ma.us
617-267-9400 X220

http://www.mlin.lib.ma.us/cgi-bin/lwgate/listsavail.html
http://www.mlin.lib.ma.us/cgi-bin/lwgate/BOSTON/archives/boston.0103/date/article-19.html