Re: capturing websites

Because of the size and complexity of our website, and the fact that it
changes almost daily, we are now downloading the entire website into a
directory only every six months.  Just recently we have begun handling all
the pages on the site as publicity releases, which means that when the new
page goes to the webmaster for posting on the site, the link is forwarded to
the Archives. We convert the page(s) into pdf format and that pdf file is
then indexed and entered into our database.  The image is imported into our
digital archives on optical disk.  This way we can keep up with all the
updates to the site.

Joan Lowe
Asst. Archivist
American Friends Service Committee