job advertisement

The Presbyterian Historical Society continues to accept applications for the following position:

DEPUTY DIRECTOR

The Presbyterian Historical Society (PHS) invites applications for the position of Deputy Director of the Montreat office, our regional office near Asheville in the mountains of Western North Carolina. For more information about PHS and our Montreat office, please visit our web site at www.history.pcusa.org.

Qualifications: ALA accredited MLS, Masters degree in Archival Management, or MA in History with archival management concentration. 5-7+ years of professional archival experience, including supervisory, budgetary and funds development responsibilities in an archival repository. Knowledge of archival theory and practices, including archives and library based automation systems and bibliographic utilities. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills; ability to function in a collegial/teamwork management style. Knowledge of American Presbyterian church history, polity, and worship considered an asset.

Salary: $56,000 plus full medical and pension benefits. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.

Send letter of application, curriculum vitae and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references to:

Dr. Frederick J. Heuser, Director
Presbyterian Historical Society
425 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147