Re: What do you tell a 9-year old?

Apparently, we don't need to worry about our friends in the schools -- they
already know the "age-old archivist method."  Nothing like a little
pasting, stuffing and throwing to get my professional adrenalin flowing......
Thank god for Eagle Scouts who can turn these disorganized piles of trash
into indexed CD-ROM files.
Erik Nordberg, Michigan Tech
--------------------
For more than a century, through four schools, three sites and two names,
the staff of Locke Hill Elementary School has been tucking away mementos in
an age-old archivist method. They pasted pictures in albums, stuffed
letters and drawings into folders and threw old report cards and programs
into boxes. Class pictures dating back to 1890; an essay titled "History of
My School Days" from 1915, and a photo of the original Shavano school, were
tucked out of sight.
Archivist with an Eagle's Eye
by Sharon K. Hughes
San Antonio Express-News 03/09/01