Information Resource Centers

Ladies and Gentlemen of the List,

I am exploring the possibility of opening a small corporate "Information
Resource Center" in a defunct library space that currently houses some old
books and periodicals.  I am in the process of making plans, and I want to
survey staff within the corporation to determine their hopes and needs for
such a resource.  Some examples of things that might be found in the Center:
professional periodicals, newspapers and on-line indexes; finding aids and
an access point to the corporate Archives, a means to request service and
records from the Records Management Office; reference guidance to
business-related resources on the Internet.

Can any of you recommend any background materials I might use on this
project?  I am particularly interested in sample surveys.

Thank you.

Caroline Higgins

Caroline M. Higgins
Archivist for Information Resource Management
Archives of the Episcopal Church
Episcopal Church Center
815 Second Ave
New York, NY 10017