Archives-related quotes

The messages/quotes have been very interesting and fun to read;
I especially liked the one by Goethe on laying aside letters...
This morning I was going through deposit records from the 1950's in
connection with cataloging a project of materials related to coal resource
appraisals in Virginia.  I found the letters of deposit I was looking for;
they contain a couple sentences worth sharing:

"I am today sending you for eternity-type storage seven rolls of maps...."

"Although pleas that you are short of storage space and are not pleased
to receive great volumes of storage material have reached me, I am today
shipping to you fifteen rolls of maps.....Ten to fifteen years will
probably
elapse before anyone wants to look at them, but when someone does want
to, they will want to very much."

Ever onwards--
Carol Edwards

Carol A. Edwards