ACRL-NEC Preservation and Conservation Interest Group announces its spring
program:

Mold: Health, Safety, and Remediation

Friday, April 20, 2001
Yale University Library
New Haven, CT
9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Registration fee: $20

It's lurking in the stacks and growing under cover....MOLD! Everyone must deal
with it sometime, why not be prepared? Please join us for our spring
program on
the topic of mold. We will discuss health and safety issues, in-house removal
techniques, and when to call a vendor for larger outbreaks.

Our speakers include:
Monona Rossol, Founder and President of Arts, Crafts, and Theatre Safety
M.P. Bogan, Associate Book Conservator at Northeast Document Conservation
Center
Stuart Walker, Conservator for Boston Public Library

There will be a small registration fee of $20 payable to ACRL-NEC.
Reservations
will be confirmed upon receipt of payment, and will be on a first come, first
served basis. Cancellations will be accepted until noon on Friday, April 13.
After that date we cannot return your registration fee. All registrants will
receive information on travel logistics (parking, etc.) before the program.
Please send your name, complete mailing address including email address if you
have one, phone number, and a check to:

Beth Doyle, Conservator
Weissman Preservation Center
Harvard Univ. Library
Holyoke Center 821
Cambridge, MA 02138

Please note: Morning refreshments will be provided by Yale University.
Lunch is
not included with the registration fee. There are numerous eateries within
easy
walking distance (5-10 minutes) of the library. We will provide a location
list
at the program for your convenience. You may also pack a brown bag lunch if
you
prefer.

We look forward to seeing everyone after tax-day! If you have any questions,
feel free to contact either Heather Caldwell or myself.

Beth Doyle, co-chair (bdoyle@harvard.edu)
Heather Caldwell, co-chair (caldwell@mit.edu)

Heather S. Caldwell / Preservation Services Librarian / MIT
Phone: 617-253-5692 / Fax: 617-253-8894 / caldwell@mit.edu