[no subject]

match the quality of a good silver gelatin print.  I also worry about

control issues.  Once you scan it and send it it's out there.  Not quite

like had delivering a negative, but you never have too much control
there either."

Mr. Jim Lewin, preident of Image Delivery Service of Washington DC
now providing this service for such organizations as The Smithsonian
Institution, the federal departments of Energy, Labor and Education,
the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Federal Emergency
Management  Agency (FEMA), Dumbarton Oaks and a host of
professional photographers. Normal turnaround time is 24 hours in-
house. Cost is $8 for an 8x10 print, plus freight."<FontFamily><param>Arial</param>

<FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param>I received one reply to my question about sources of analog tape
recorders.  It was Tom Robinson, who wrote: "I do not think any are
made anymore.  You should have two kinds, one that is

very gentile with the tape and one with pressure pads for warped
acetate tape.  An outstanding choice for a good machine is a Technics
RS1500.  If money is no object, the Ampex ATR 102 with custom 1/4"
headstack is the rolls royce of archive machines. The best source of
these machines is ebay.  As an option, have a local retired broadcaster
or recording professional search for your needs to be donated for tax
write off by local studios who may have these around. Buy several
parts machines so you have a stock of parts."

Many thanks to Heather, Jim, Tom and Louise for taking the time to
reply.

Bob Shuster

BGC Archives