Re: Poor saps

Hear, hear! The problem seems to be convincing the powers that be that their
wonderful ideas are a waste of our time and talents even though they see
them as absolutely inspired.

In another way of looking at it, it's similar to the concept by which one
refuses to consider anything to be a problem, crisis or anything else with a
negative connotation. In this kind of thinking, such situations are always
"challenges,"  "opportunities," etc. That may be well and good to a point,
but at some time or another reality needs to set in. Case in point: News
stories have Gov. Davis of California saying that California is in an
"energy challenge." Sorry, but when millions of people are involuntarily
having their lights turned off daily as if they were living in a cheap
resort or an impoverished third world village, you have an
honest-to-goodness, true-blue, real McCoy crisis on your hands, and no
amount of positive thinking or semantics will change that. Recognize wasted
time, bad decisions and real problems for what they are and act
appropriately.

Off my soapbox now, too.

Best wishes,

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Phone 419-352-5616
Fax 419-352-6086