Re: What are scanning technicians paid?

In a message dated 03/26/2001 5:47:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jgilson61@HOTMAIL.COM writes:

<< starting wage for a part-time worker at my organization is $6.25.
 Is it realistic to think that we could budget for a scanning technician at
 that wage or do I need to go higher.  I would have them scanning 3 x 5 index
 cards and preparing an index of names as well. >>

I would say that a scanning technician requires same skill-set as a microfilm
operator. Check with some of the local microfilm bureaus to find out their
pay ranges. I would also list out all the duties that this person will be
required to do. Will they be doing any QC work, will they being doing prep
work, what is involved in preparing an index of names.

Finally, remember the old adage "you get what you pay for"

Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va
pakurilecz@aol.com