Re: Why I stay with it...

Because my sister once said to me in wonder, "You are the only person I know
who LIKES going to work."

Why is that?  Blessed if I know right now, as I sit in the Processing Room
with my computer and prepare to hike from loading dock to trailer to check
mail in my temporary office (as the asbestos people and the computer people
try to figure out how to move the "hub" before abatement starts, so we won't
have to move AGAIN).  Yet Leona's right, I do still enjoy coming to work
each day.

As I've often told people inquiring about working here:  "We don't hire
employees.  We accession 'em."  Why?  Because what we do matters to real,
live people now, and it will matter to those who come after us, too.

I can't think of a better reason to put up with our current mess!  :-)

Nina M. Osier, Director
Division of Records Management Services
Maine State Archives