From: Daniel Sokolow [mailto:DSokolow@NSHS.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 11:39 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: On e-Bay

Worry?  well...

Based on the colume of stuff this guy is selling, & the prices he's asking,
there's no way this stuff is original.  I half believe he's like one of
those sidewalk vendors that are floating all over NYC, selling copies of
famous photos for 10$/dozen.  It would be interesting to find out how and
why copies of those Exxon photos were made - I would guess the company had
several copies of each & used them for promotion or simply dumped extras.

Movie stills by the hundreds are out there for next to nothing, and I'm
inclined to think this is one of many more out there.

So, no, I guess I wouldn't worry.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu