preserving the films of the American south

Greetings Colleagues-
I am writing to request information for a paper I am working on. I need to
know about any archival collections which collect in the area of moving
images of/about the American south. This includes documentary film, feature
film, industrial and travel films, amateur film and video, etc... I'm
exploring the extent to which these moving images are being preserved in
domestic and foreign archives. Any leads which may come to mind would be
very appreciated!
Please respond to me off-list and I'll compile the responses and post them.
Thanks!!
-Jennifer Hecker

***********Jennifer R. Hecker***********
Masters Candidate in Archival Enterprise
University of Texas Graduate School of
Library and Information Science

contact me at:

PMB 292