Seeking Digitization Vendors

Dear Fellow List Members:

Our library (a federal government one) is seeking vendors who can provide us
with digitization and reproduction services.   We are aware of Northern
Micrographics, but are wondering if anyone is aware of other companies who
can do the following:

1. scan embrittled books and documents, including fold-out maps and graphic
materials bound in the books

2. deliver the images to us in several formats: PDF, TIFF, archival-quality
microfilm, paper

3. bind facsimile copies of a scan book for use copies

4. return the original to us, either reassambled (as a document) or
shrink-wrapped (as for books)

The vendor must be experienced and knowledgable in the handling of old
books.  Should do all the work in-house.  Must understand requirements for
handling fragile originals, low-contrast printed pages, yellowed paper, map
pockets, etc.  This is not just rough conversion to digits, but is
preservation by media conversion.

If you have worked with any companies or are aware of any companies, we'd
appreciate knowing about them.  We have tried going through our local
contracting office, but they have little experience with this type of
service.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. (I'm also sending this to some
library listserves as well)

Pamela J. Kontowicz
Librarian/Archivist
Combined Arms Research Library