Re: Time Capsules

I think that expecting archival boxes alone to protect items 50 years
hence in a hidden niche is a bit risky. When you say "specially
prepared," what do you mean? If you must do this without a container,
then use your Marvelseal bags as an overwrap to the archival boxes.
Some of our stainless steel boxes may fit your needs. They range in
price from $17 (!) to $1,000 or more. I am thinking that for your
purposes, you could either use a 6"dx24" stainless steel cylinder
(very affordable at under $100) or if you want the box shape our
capped stainless box is popular now, as it is only a bit more
expensive, depending on the size you need.

We have kits and supplies that afford your items dry, airtight
protection, but the container is the most important thing to consider
for a real "time capsule."  Yes, it should be airtight.

It sounds as if your project as proposed would lend itself to
archivist inspection on a regular basis.  These things tend to get
forgotten about....
Janet Reinhold
Future Packaging & Preservation "Since 1986"
1580-C W San Bernardino Rd, Covina CA 91722-3457
info@futurepkg.com http://www.futurepkg.com
Tel 1.626.966.1955 or 1.800.786.6627 (USA)
See us at Booth 436 in St Louis May 6-10!