FM200 vv water sprinklers

Title: FM200 vv water sprinklers

Almost three weeks ago our FM200 system discharged and Vulcan have so far been able to find out why. This is the second time in three years and our estates and facilities are very reluctant to continue using the system and would prefer to install a water sprinkler system as used in the rest of the library at Bellarmine.

My own personal feeling was against a water sprinkler system but, having read a number of articles through the UNESCO archives portal and elsewhere I am now less sure.

Have other people on this list had similar problems? Is thinking among archivists changing in regard to water sprinkler systems?

Advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul.

Dr Paul M Pearson
Associate Director and Archivist,