Re: Horse Mounted Bands

     We have an image of the 6th Cavalry band mounted at Fort Niobrara,
     Nebraska, 1894.  They are sitting in formation on their horses but I
     don't know if they played like that--much as I tend to picture the
     cavalry rushing into battle accompanied by stirring music I don't know
     if it was really feasible!

     If your patron is interested, I can be contacted at:

     Jen Rawlings
     Archivist, Jefferson National Expansion Memorial
     11 N. 4th St.
     St. Louis, MO 63102
     (314) 655-1631
     jeff_archivist@nps.gov