Re: Paper Tiger

We need the best of both worlds.  The LPL still has many of its old newspapers
as hard copy.  We have a large selection of 19th century popular magazines in
print form.  The old card catalog and shelf listare still in the stacks though
not updated.  There is nothing like the real printed item for research.
Still I love the convenienc of the PAC and access to LOC catalog.  I like
having my collection on RLIN and finding other collection that help my patrons.
Wouldn't go back for anything.
Louise sandberg, Special Collections
Lawrence Public Library
Lawrence, MA