Free publications: gay and lesbian history

        I am making a couple of assumptions about the offer below--
one is that your library already has runs or microfilm of these
important early publications as your excellent women's studies
program there indicates a strong interest in "gender" and related
studies.  The second assumption is that the collection in which
these publications were found has other strong documentation
of the person's or persons' sexuality so that you are not erasing
it when you remove your offered items.
        The offer without elaboration might fail to communicate to
a new archivist the enormous difficulty in documenting lesbians
and gays when we were so often forced to destroy the evidence
of our own lives and how important it is not to remove any
clues such as these publications.

Elizabeth W. Knowlton
Manuscripts Curator
Georgia Dept. of Archives and History
330 Capitol Avenue SE
Atlanta, GA  30307
404-656-2397

>Dear colleagues,
I have weeded some monographs regarding gay and lesbian history and
culture (1960s-1970s) from a recent accession as well as a significant
run of the newspapers "New York Native" and "Philadelphia Gay News." If
any archives out there is interested in these publications please
contact me off list and I will provide a more detailed inventory.  Or,
if you know of any other interested parties (libraries, collectors,
etc.) please let me know.  I will be happy to ship them to you free of
charge.
Thanks,
Erika Gorder
Associate University Archivist
Special Collections and University Archives
Rutgers University Libraries
gorder@rci.rutgers.edu
(732) 932-7006<