Krispy Kreme/WPA question

Ok, so they are fat and sugar, and they are doughnuts. They are southern
in origin? They are probably fried to become "krispy." Are they filled
with "kreem?" To what kind of doughnut or pastry would you compare them?

Here is a real archival question: I am trying to compile a complete list
(unless one already exists) of all of the extant WPA state Graves
Registration Project Records, and how complete they are. Does anyone know
of a list? What do you have from this project in your archives? I don't
know whether every state had a successful project.

Thanks!
Kathy Sturdevant
Historian
Senior History Faculty, Pikes Peak Community College
Author, Bringing Your Family History to Life through Social History