Seeking Survey Samples for Identifying Archive Objects

The company where I work is in the planning stage for establishing
an historical archive that preserves the history and achivements of
the company's founder as well as of the various businesses
associated with him.

We plan on contacting people within our company (past & present) and
with other organizations (both public and private) that have or had
a business relationship to our company for any items they may have
that would be of interest to us for our archive.

I would like to obtain samples of what a survey document might look
like and what information we need to collect about the objects.  We
are not looking for a records survey, but one that would identify an
object, its size, condition, description, history, location, current
ownership, and so on, so that we can determine whether the item
falls within our collections policy and then decide whether to
acquire the object for our archive.

If anyone has or knows where I can obtain sample survey forms for
our purpose, please send directly to me via email (address given
below) or via snail mail at the address below.

I would appreciate any assistance or suggestions you may offer!

Vicki McComb, Lead Records Analyst
email: vicki.mccomb@jmfamily.com
phone: (904) 739-6247

JM Family Enterprises, Inc.