Re: Springtime in the Rockies=snow

I moved here from Sacramento three years ago. I drove in the Sierra Nevada
snow twice in 18 years there. My first winter driving here was to drive from
Cleveland to Toledo on the Ohio Turnpike, about 100 miles, into the teeth of
the worst snowstorm in northern Ohio in 20 years.  I had my fiance-to-be and
her mother with me. It hit a half-hour before we left, and the top speed the
entire way was 20 mph with one lane or less open. We shouldn't have even
tried it, but we ignored the warnings of the storm's severity. Oncew we
finally got to Toledo, we got snowed into my future fiance's house for two
days, and my introduction to snow shoveling was clearing her very long
driveway plus a lane into her back yard; her son's car was in the garage and
she had to park in the yard so as not to block the driveway when he had to
leave in the wee hours for work.

For some reason, I've been able to take the winters in stride here, even
with (or because of?) that intiation. The joke at church this winter was
that only two people in the place didn''t gripe at all about winter
weather - the guy from California and the visiting University student from
Nigeria!

Best wishes,

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Phone 419-352-5616
Fax 419-352-6086