Re: Springtime in the Rockies=snow

I second the motion. Although I was born in Pennsylvania, I moved to Saudi Arabia when I was five, and didn't return to live in snowy areas until graduate school. I think everything should be called off any time there is more than about three inches of snow. That stuff is slippery and dangerous!

Luckily, I usually ride to work with my husband, who was raised in western Pennsylvania and has no problems with driving in snow.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Lucinda Glenn Rand <lglenn@GTU.EDU> 04/11/01 03:22PM >>>
OK, I gotta say this -- I was born and raised in Southern California near
the beach.  I have lived most of my adult life in the San Francisco Bay
Area.  For library school, I went to Denver, lived there one year and had
one winter.  I disliked any snow.  Folks called me a "baby".  I disagree --
it is not that I was afraid of the snow, it is just uncivilized to actually
live in the snow. Snow is something that is in the mountains, one drives to
the snow to visit and to play, then you drive home again.