Re: Nicholson Baker ad infinitum

Having worked in a research library, may I suggest you consider that
some research libraries are more interested in the intellectual content
of a journal than they are in the advertising?  Instead of looking for
ads in such a research library, I would suggest you contact a research
library which specializes or as the designation is now used "area of
excellence" for advertising or where the library's area of excellence is
in your field of study.  That is one of the motivating influences for
the "Areas of Excellence", so not everyone needs to save everything.

This may not please everyone, but it is a good compromise when the money
is just not there to house an ever increasing body of intellectual
knowledge recorded in print.

Kenneth Marks
Church Archivist,
Raleigh, NC