Food Samples//MARAC (was Re: Krispy Kreme Archive)

See, we can find a relationship of anything to archives if we talk about it long enough,

Speaking of food samples, if you attend the MARAC conference in Philadelphia in May, in the last time slot (Saturday 11:30 - 1:00), there is a session called "Cheesesteaks and TastyKakes: Sampling Food and Consumer Goods in Archival Collections." There is a very strong chance that people who attend this session will get samples of foods, and possibly a free pamphlet cookbook from the CIA's Apple Pie Bakery Cafe.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Brian Keough <bkeough@CSC.ALBANY.EDU> 04/12/01 04:51PM >>>
How about moving this discussion into the wonderful world of Archives?

In the summer of 1997, while working as a Lemelson Intern in the Archives
Center at the National Museum of American History in D.C., I was fortunate
to witness the acquisition of the records and artifacts of the Krispy Kreme
Doughnut Corporation, including an early doughnut-making machine. The
interns at the Archives Center (you know who you are) treated the full-time
staff to dozens of Krispy Kreme to celebrate this auspicious occasion. Ah,
the fruits of our labor.

Brian

Brian Keough, Curator of Manuscript Collections
M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives
University at Albany, SUNY
New Library -Room 355
Albany, NY 12222
bkeough@albany.edu