From: Lynn E. Pritcher [mailto:lynn.pritcher@DUKE.EDU]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 9:12 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: question of location

Hello all -

I am working on a slide project that deals with outdoor advertising
(billboards).  We have slides from all over the country, and are
putting them into better housing and creating a database for increased
access.

We have usually been able to figure out what various references are
within the billboard signs.  However, we've come upon a bit of a
stumper, at least for me being an East Coast person.  We have four
billboard signs, created either in the 70s or early 80s (as far as we
can tell), and they reference an L.A. that is not _the_ L.A. - Los
Angeles.  I'm assuming this city/town/etc. is near the West Coast
because they reference Los Angeles in the one of the billboards (I've
listed the slogans below).

Perhaps some of y'all would remember the slogans, or at least be able
to help me with where L. A. is.  All I could think of is Los Alamos
and I don't think that applies here.  Thanks for all of your help!!

L.A. is lush and green (at least when it doesn't snow)

L.A. has no freeways

L.A. is stocked with trout

L.A. is 5,280 feet above L.A.

Lynn

Lynn Eaton Pritcher
Technical Services Archivist,
John W. Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History
212 Perkins Library
PO Box 90185
Duke University
Durham, NC  27708-0185