Correcting a dissertation?

  A student who earned his PhD here recently went back and corrected
"errors" in his dissertation and wants to replace the copy deposited in
our library with a new one. The graduate office is ok with this. Perhaps I
am just feeling grumpy this morning, but it seems to me that the copy
originally submitted, and for which he was granted the degree, should
stand as the library copy. If I am just being an old grump I will admit
the error of my ways, take the new one, give him back the original copy,
and move on.

 Comments? This is a new one on me ....

 Steve Fisher
 University of Denver