Beholding Baker Battle, Bouche Beant...

I am amazed. Here in NZ we had this controversy over microfilming of newspapers years ago, in the 1970s (For the record, the concept of keeping the original copies after microfilming won out...)
Tim
(Who has not read Double Fold, but who, when reading Baker's article in defence of catalogue cards while loading and enhancing data from our catalogue cards onto computer, wondered if he had ever seen our tatty, inaccurate and plain wrong cards, compiled over the years by bored librarians...)