Re: Searchable archive for Ellis Island now online

I actually got in briefly yesterday.  The site is fairly impressive, but I
had a few issues.  The results are not sortable, and there's no clear way to
export your data to a desktop file to sort through at home.  The search
criteria are also limited - first name, last name, gender.  There didn't
seem to be a search box that would allow searching by ship, date, age, or
anything of that sort.  Once you have search results, you can refine those
categories, but no initial searching.

I have gotten in again just now, mainly by hitting the reload button several
times.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021