Re: Baker's lecture last night.

I only want to point out a few things.  I read US News' review (it was more
of an article on the book than a straight review), and they're the only
magazine that actually took the time to talk to archivists and librarians.
LC no longer guillotines books any more, and the double fold test has
apparently fallen out of fashion - points that have not been made in any of
the various reviews we've discussed.

Moreover, I think the intelligent points that have been made on the list are
still true (I won't glorify the unintelligent ones, including ones made by
yours truly) - resources are tighter than Baker admits, and sometimes
choices have to be made.

In case it never made RAIN, here's the URL for the US News article:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/010423/library.htm

DS
Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu