Re: Fwd: NARA and record keeping

I assume (or have, to this point) that most of the academics in IS have been
or still are practitioners in the field.  I'd like to hope that they
remember the travails of the daily work and are imparting those realities to
their students.  All of my instructors certainly did, and I don't feel there
was too much ivory towering going on, which I assume, Kim, is what your
musing refers to.  It was a nice break, in fact, to get away from the
academicians in the history dept. (nice people, mind you) and into the
practical world of archives.

And I'm suddenly having visions of Cary Grant and Victor McLaglen.  I have
no idea who played the blond guy.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu