Military Academy Appointments and Veterans Records

Our library has in one of the special collections approximately 20 storage
boxes of military academy appointments and veterans records. The information
originally belonged to a former congressman and senator who was in office
from 1936 until 1962. After he died, his papers were donated to our library.
These 20 boxes of records have been treated as sealed. We would like to know
if we can allow limited or unlimited access to these records. We have made a
few inquiries and found other libraries and archives that list these types
of records in their finding aids and would allow access if asked. However,
we wanted to ask a larger audience how they handle these types of records in
their collections of congressional papers.

Thank you.

Laurie Langland
Project Archivist
Layne Library