New web page

Dear Colleagues:

I am happy to announce the inauguration of a new, revamped web page for
Archives and Special Collections, Columbia University Health Sciences
Library. This replaces our former web site which had remained basically
unchanged since 1995.

The address is:

http://cpmcnet.columbia.edu/library/archives/index.html

The new page has overviews of our major collections, as well as finding
aids and title lists for many of them.  In addition, there is the usual
contact information, hours, fee schedules, etc.

The dept. is the archives for the four health science schools of
Columbia University: the College of Physicians & Surgeons (1767), the
School of Nursing (1892), the School of Dental & Oral Surgery (1916) and
the Mailman School of Public Health (1922).  It is also the repository
for the Auchincloss Nightingale Collection and the Freud Library.

Parts of the site are still under construction; we hope to have it
more-or-less complete in the next few months.

--
Stephen E. Novak
Head, Archives & Special Collections