Newspaper Clippings

I should have tailored my original response to note that
whether you save the original clippings or selectively save
depends on the circumstances.  Certainly I save originals if
I think they would look good in an exhibit, or if I want to pre-
serve a "photograph" that appears in the paper.

I might note that one of our local researchers was compiling
a history utilizing newspaper clippings.  His photocopies were
not reproducible in print...but  what the book publisher did was
to reproduce the clippings utilizing typefaces and fonts, the
double-column spread, headline type, etc...with a "shadow"
effect...so what appears in the book to the naked eye is a
"pseudo" newspaper clipping....very clear, readable and
the user believes they are looking at an actual clipping.
Only by comparison with the original does one discover
that the text lines are different in terms of words and line
breaks!

Dean
Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338