Help!!!!

I'm not talking about attachments within letters. I'm not talking about truth or falsehood. I'm talking about the ability of the folks in charge of an archives/historical society/repostiory of any kind to decide which merits time and money to preserve and make available.  Do you tackle the clippings collection/vertical file because that's an easy definable project and you know how to do that, or do you process a collection of family history???? Do you photocopy/microfilm your clips because somebody has already written  dates in the corner and you can put it in chronological order or do you come up with a series arrangement for that bunch of records from the President's Office?  Just trying to get folks to come to grips with priorities....

And by the way, we have a full run of all the University's newspapers, in the original, in duplicate, and in microfilm.  I am NOT anti-newspaper, just think that more resources should be spent dealing with the institutional records and regional history collections that are one of a kind, not to be found elsewhere, totally irretrievable!!!!!!!!

Geri Solomon (again!!)