Shakespeare's Folio

I am giving a brief talk about book and paper preservation to the local
Shakespeare Club tomorrow.  I was asked to give an anecdote or two about
his Folio.  I have a few about some other books (a Gutenberg Bible and
Whitman's Leaves of Grass), but not one about the First Folio.  If
anyone can help, I'd appreciate it, and you can contact me off list so
as not to clutter up people's inboxes.  Thanks,  Beth

bkilmarx@bingahmton.edu

Beth Turcy Kilmarx
Curator of Rare Books and Manuscripts
Special Collections