archival guide for family historians?

Do any of you know a good guide/guides to how a family historian might
apply archival methods, techniques, supplies, etc. to their own family
history materials? I wrote some on this in my own book but have had
trouble finding materials directed at the genealogical audience for the
next one. Thanks for any ideas anyone might have.

Kathy Sturdevant
historian and author, Bringing Your Family History to Life through Social
History