Re: archival guide for family historians?

Kathy (et al.)--

There are several books directed at the popular audience about preserving family treasures (which I own personally, but they are at home), and also some web sites (LC has one; NEDCC has a leaflet, (which used to be and probably still is available online) for family historians, and there are some others. I''ve bookmarked a lot, but am just making a quick check of e-mail in a break with supervising a reader in our rare books room, so don't have time to pull them up for you right this minute.  If anyone else is interested, once I put together a list, can either send it to the archives list, or to people who express interest.

Christine

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> "Katherine S. Sturdevant" <kssturdevant@JUNO.COM> 06/06/01 12:51PM >>>
Do any of you know a good guide/guides to how a family historian might
apply archival methods, techniques, supplies, etc. to their own family
history materials? I wrote some on this in my own book but have had
trouble finding materials directed at the genealogical audience for the
next one. Thanks for any ideas anyone might have.

Kathy Sturdevant
historian and author, Bringing Your Family History to Life through Social
History