Re: Memorial Day, D-Day and World War II stuff

Yes, quite so. For the finest detail on military matters like this you should raise a question on the WWII list, and just watch your inbox fill up. Be wary of what you might read, some just make up their own version of events as they happened, no the sort of thing we should be doing over on this list - they get quite insulting to each other too, which is sometimes good fun.
Medwyn Parry
----- Original Message -----
From: Alan Perry
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: Memorial Day, D-Day and World War II stuff

Was there also an "H-Hour" involved, when they were supposed to be hitting the beaches, or am I thinking of some other military operation?

>>> Medwyn Parry <Medwyn.Parry@RCAHMW.ORG.UK> 06/07/01 08:26AM >>>
Deployment, so planning goes - D-3; D-2; D-1; D Day; D+1; D+2 etc. So if
there are any changes to the planned day due to weather, logistics etc, you
just move the date of D Day, and the plans for the other days just follow a
pre-determined pattern.
What is a Debarkation?
Medwyn