Re: salary information

I am a newly-minted M.L.I.S. with a concentration in archives and have a
Ph.D. in history and am currently searching for a position.  I am also
interested in salaries for archivists.  Some positions I have seen
adverterzed are $25,000 in places like New York and Philadelphia.  Who can
live on that salary?  Could we keep the discussion public?  Thanks,
Sally Schwartz