Search Engines

As a result of the scatological language mix-up someone asked the following
of me

>Could you tell me more about search engines?

the following links will take you to sites that are really good about rating
search engines or discussing them. The last one researchbuzz also offers a
weekly e-mail letter about researching on the web. these sites will do a
much better job explaining than I could.

here are some links to some sites that discuss search engines.
http://www.zdnet.com/searchiq/

http://www.searchengineshowdown.com/

http://www.searchenginewatch.com/

http://www.searchenginetalk.com/