UPDATE FW: Major flooding in the McGovern Collections Archives

The following is an update from Dennis Moser down in Houston.
If you need to contact him please use this address mailto:aldus@angrek.com
as he has no email access at work and is unable to monitor the listservs.

(And i think he means Munters down below, but then you never know)

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Manager, Records Management Group
Woodside Summit Group Inc
Midlothian, Virginia
Office: 804-744-1247 x23
Fax: 804-744-4947
mailto:peter.kurilecz@woodsidesummitgroup.com

My thanks to the list for all the responses I have received; I will be
answering some of you individually with particular questions and
information, but I wanted to get a quick note out while I am home for lunch
and messages.

A quick update:

1. Munsters is helping us with the situation. A number of you mentioned
them and they had already been contacted. They arrived sometimeSunday
morning (all I know is they were there at 10:00 yesterday running power
lines and gettting fans distributed) and by 7:00 pm last night we had a
dryer running until about 11:30 this morning. We turned it off so as not
raise the temp in the stacks anymore than neccessary, but we have fans
circulating throughout the area. They are bringing two chillers and a
freeze-dryer trailer after 4:00 this afternoon, at which point we will
begin moving the saturated materials that will be freeze dried out.

2. I spoke with VidiPax to get some advice early this morning and I think
we will have that situation under control. The good news was it was a small
percent of the collection; the bad news was, of course, it was soaked.

3. We are trying to air dry as much material as it is safe to treat this
way and we are seeing some success so far.

4. We are still without power or phone and this will be indefinite. Several
of us will be getting prepaid cell phones tomorrow, so we will be reachable
in that manner. I'll publish appropriate numbers as soon as I get them.

5. Finally, again, thank yous to all of you who have messaged me
directly...I'll keep you posted as to how things progress.

Dennis

mailto:aldus@angrek.com