[no subject]

I have a question about providing the names of donors upon request.  Is this
something that most agencies feel should be private or not?  Under most
circumstances I am hesitant to provide information regarding the donor
without their permission.  The request we've received is a little different
though, because the person who is asking for the donor's name is the
granddaughter of the person who donated the records. The material was
donated over 25 years ago and we can not locate the donor to obtain her
permission.  I couldn't find anything regarding donor confidentiality in any
of our archival manuals.

Marvene Riis
Archivist
SD State Historical Society/Archives